Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You Are in Charge Now

via Flickr (Sean MacEntee)
Welcome to my new blog!  My name is Chris, and I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction.  I am here to share with you my experiences in applying this amazing concept to my own life.  

The Law of Attraction is a universal law that "like attracts like" and that our "thoughts become things."  Simply put, if you're always in a bad mood, then bad things will come to you.  Bad people, bad experiences, bad news, bills, ... it's a never-ending cycle of misery that can end in tragedy.  


But if you're in a good mood, the same will happen, but you will get more of the good things that make you happy: more money, more fun people, a better job.  The more this happens, the happier you become, and the more you want to keep this going until the day you die.  

The best part of this is that YOU are in control.  Yes, you.  The girl who thinks everyone hates her because she's not as attractive as the other girls.  Yes, you, the guy who thinks that his weight makes him the butt of jokes - and thinks that there's nothing he can do about it.  Your race, your sex, your age - none of these superficial things matter.  As long as you have a brain in your head, you can have a better life.  Better beyond anything you could have ever imagined.  You just have to learn a new way to think.  

There are a lot of people who say to me, "That's just the way it is," or "Just my luck," or "It wasn't meant to be,"  and my personal favorite, "There's nothing you can do about it."


Just listen those whiners!  Nothing you can do about it?  That's bullshit.  We are a cynical, victim-based society, and I'm sure this is no accident.  If you want to control people, convince them that they have no power. Just watch the news or pick up a newspaper and see.  Rapes, robberies, murders, scandals, war, drugs, disease.  Every single night, you have to endure a ridiculous amount of other people's problems just so you can get to the weather report.  I'll get into this, too, but for now, turn off the TV and turn on your mind.  

The reason that I believe in LOA so strongly, is because I have experienced it first hand.  Even when I wasn't aware of its power, it was happening to me - and you.  It was happening to your neighbors, your cranky coworkers, and that jovial doorman who seems happy all the time, despite having to hold doors open, hail cabs and accept your latest Amazon.com shipment.  It was there from the day you were born, and it was with you when you were in high school, whether you were getting bullied or becoming a track star.

What really drove it home for me was when I started looking into my past.  Now, I normally hate it when people go into the past and dwell on things, but if you want to know how the Law of Attraction will affect you, it's best to understand how it has affected your past.  You don't have to go far, you can think about how your day unfolded yesterday.


For example: think about a time when you had a crappy morning.  Maybe you found a hole in your sock or realized you were out of coffee.  What happened next?  Did you shrug your shoulders?  Or did you bitch?  Most of us will bitch (at least most of us New Yorkers will bitch), until we spiral into hostile monsters that, by the end of the day, are snapping at people for no reason until we finally collapse from exhaustion.  But that's part of life, right?  Nope.  It doesn't have to be.


In this economy, I'm sure you've heard some poor bastard complaining, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer."  This is true, but there is a reason for that, as you will learn, and it has more to do you with you than you'll ever know.  The Law of Attraction takes the concept of "personal responsibility" to a whole new level.  

I hope you will stick around as I continue my journey.  Remember, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.  Make it a great one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment