Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Yesterday, All My Troubles Seemed So In My Face

Yesterday, I was not in a good mood.  I wouldn't say that I was in a bad mood, because I don't recall any temper tantrums, but it was just one of those days.  And yet, I didn't understand why that happened to me.  In my mind, all should be fine, now that I am practicing the Law of Attraction.  I'm rubber, you're glue, your negativity bounces off me and sticks back to you!

But looking back, I see how things went wrong.

1. It was a Monday.  That alone is enough to put most people in a sour mood.
2. It was raining.  Even though this meant that all the snow would be melting, I still couldn't shake my mood.

Then the problems began to creep in.  I won't get into specifics, but I started worrying about a few problems that seemed to surface all at once.  It's like they all ganged up on me and I tried to fight them off with smiles.

"No, thank you, silly problems.  Go away, now.  Scram."

I tried to think positive.  I tried to get rid of them.  I tried everything I could think of, but it was as if I had a mental block.  Did I not get enough sleep?  I thought I did.  It was like a cloud over me (sorry for the lame cliche) that would not move.  Was it the lack of sun?

All day, I felt this stubborn mental "block", and I didn't know what to do.  So, I decided to check out one of my favorite LOA blogs, Deliberate Blog.  I always find it helpful to read what other people are experiencing.  It's like a group  therapy session but without the awkwardness of watching someone cry.

So, I left work and tried to figure out what was wrong with me.  I walked home and still felt mostly the same.  When I got home, my SO wasn't in the best mood and I thought of how easily this tension could have exploded into a huge fight.  I could see the fight so clearly in my head.  I knew all the awful things that might come out and I knew it was not where I wanted to go.

A pointless fight over a missing navigation device charger would just send me plummeting into a worse place.  So, I distanced myself and lay out on the bed.  I had to think.  What's wrong with me today?  Why is everything suddenly bothering me at once?

...bothering me at once.
...at once.

AT ONCE.  That was it.  I was taking on all these problems at the same time.  I had no focus.  It was like trying to fight off three kids who all wanted my attention at once.  I decided that I had to say to myself, "It's okay.  Let it go.  Just let it go."  Instead of focusing on one problem and trying to feel better about it, I diluted my feelings and everything just became a mess inside my head.  It was like trying to butter three pieces of bread with one pat.  I love a good food metaphor.

I felt so much relief after that.  Did the problems go away?  No, but I realized that I needed to take each one on one at a time.  That's key, even if you're not into the Law of Attraction.  This is why we feel overwhelmed most of the time.  We take on all our burdens at once, even when they're not that pressing. So I let go and accepted things as they were.

Here is where the Law of Attraction makes you feel powerful.  Look around you.  Are any of those problems in the room?  If not, then you're already ahead.  A great way to get rid of a problem (or improve it), is to visualize how you want it to turn out.  Close your eyes and put yourself right there, like you are directing a movie based on this event.  Imagine the sights and sounds in the perfect way.  Imagine the best possible outcome - a happy ending.  Make it as realistic as you can.  This is just like day dreaming, but you need to have faith that it's going to happen for you.  Let your imagination run wild with it until you're smiling.  I've done this to the point where I'm laughing to myself in the street.

And then, let it go.  Let the Universe take over.  And trust that it will happen.  And it will.

Imagine your life the way you want it to be - and set it free.

No comments:

Post a Comment